Kayin State Government and The Nippon Foundation have been collaborating to implement the project with three purposes.
- Contribute to conserving & utilizing forest and medicinal plant resources in Kayin Sate.
- Generating rural income generation opportunity through improving processed product quality and market access.
- Contribute to promote local herbal industry in Kayin State.
The Center has a herbal garden, primary processing center and training facility. Over 100 species of medicinal plants are kept in the center as the collection of rich medicinal plant resources from Kayin State and nearby areas. The project applies “Value Chain Approach” to create economic as well as social value by connecting the stakeholders of “production-processing-marketing”. Good Herbal Processing Practices (GHPP) will be applied to ensure the good quality products. And also, HACCP & GMP certificate will be applied to approach the identification, risk assessment, and control biological, chemical and physical hazards associated with a particular products processing or practice.
- Inventory of medicinal plant resources in Kayin State.
- Production and processing of selected medicinal plants.
- Training on improved cultivation method of selected medicinal plants for rural communities.
- Training on medicinal plant resource management to stakeholders.
- Supply good quality processed raw materials of medicinal plants to the market.
- Information sharing of medicinal plant resources with education institutes in Kayin State.
Address (Hpa-an) : Mi Zen New Street, Hpa-an Industrial Zone, Hpa-an Hlaing Bwe Road, Hpa-an Township, Kayin State, Myanmar.
Address (Yangon Branch): No.02-10, Union Business Center (UBC), Nat Mauk Road, Bo Cho Quarter, Bahan Township, Yangon.